This page contains a quick overview of what I’m doing right now. I try to update it every couple of months.
Last updated: April 11, 2023. You can see the full history of this page here.
I’ve been working at Via since August 2018, doing all sorts of different stuff: algorithms, data science, and lately a lot more software and product engineering and web development, even some front-end stuff with React in Typescript.
As always, my digital garden continues to grow into something I am proud of. The scripts I use to publish the site were not working for a couple of months, and I recently finally found the time to get them working again. I am starting to work on something I have wanted to do for some time: publishing the customised Hugo theme I use for the site so others can easily create their own version. Hopefully when I get this done I will finally get around to migrating this site to Hugo as well.
I have been dabbling a bit in React Native, a really interesting framework that lets you build native mobile applications for iOS and Android using a single React codebase. Pretty cool. This allowed me to finally scratch an itch I have had for a while and build a simple iPhone game.
Like everyone else with a passing interesting in technology and the future, I have been dabbling a bit in LLMs lately, trying to understand how they work and how they can be used. For now the most interesting use case I can see is reducing the time it takes to prototype ideas into working code, so this is mostly what I have been trying to do.
- I have been back on my bike in a big way this winter, which has been fantastic.
- I am spending a lot of time writing lately. Writing is a deeply therapeutic and valuable exercise and I am finding it very meaningful.
- Home and Away: Writing the Beautiful Game by Karl Ove Knausgaard and Fredrik Ekelund.
- The Magic Mountain by Thomas Mann.
- Blue Rev by Alvvays.
- Did you know there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd by Lana Del Rey.